About the Role:
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates day to day Blow Mold operations of the facility in an industrial organization. Manages local scheduling and real-time operations that facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Cultivates a proactive and sustainable health, safety and environmental culture that supports company policy, practices and complies with local, state and federal laws.
- Evaluate production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan facility operations.
- Assist in directing blow molding and packaging plant activities to achieve optimum utilization of machinery and equipment, and maximum efficiency of operations.
- Partners to assess the current condition of the talent pipeline relative to current and future business needs and drives month-over-month improvement in addition to ensuring performance management is accurate, equitable and timely.
- Builds high morale through active engagement of employees and recognizing individual and team contributions, ideas, and performance
- Recommend capital improvements to plant which result directly in improved safety conditions, improved quality of finished product, resulting in value added, improved efficiency, or reduction of plant variable or fixed operations costs.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observes to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, and delivery problems. Communicate areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned.
- Ensure customer expectations and ARP Quality requirements are met by reinforcing and adhering to established company quality standards and specifications. Assists in controlling and reducing scrap.
- Controls the financial spending of all departments under responsibility.
- Develops or revise standard operational and working practices and observes to ensure compliance with standards.
- Manage the departmental managers/supervisors who, in turn, supervise department personnel.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring positive overall morale of the facility.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Statistics, Operations Mgt, Business Mgt or related field
- Eight to ten years plastics manufacturing experience at a management level
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, forecasting, scheduling, real-time operations management and coordination of people and resources in a fast paced blow molding operation.