Summary of This Role
Responsible for overseeing Application systems, architecture, design, data workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces. Assure synergy between software and hardware architecture to maximize that relationship. Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems, and develop recommendations on how to proceed with the applications. Responsible for ensuring optimal application and system performance. What Part Will You Play?
What Are We Looking For in This Role?Highly Preferred:
- Collaborates with clients, senior management, and other functional areas to plan, design, and implement information systems and updates within established guidelines and objectives, with issues and factors largely undefined. Studies client needs, analyzes existing system, identifies gaps/risks, proposes an architecture model, and recommends short/long term actions based on best practices. Implements a hardware and software infrastructure that renders reliable, scalable, and operable products and platforms.
- As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), researches and evaluates new technological advances in the external technology marketplace to assess current practices for compliance with information systems requirements. Anticipates and develops solutions to address current and future information system needs. Creates process improvements and controls. Serves as the SME in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor selection process for the purchase of software systems. Assesses impacts on the budget and technical requirements associated with implementing new system technologies or upgrading existing system technologies.
- As a ‘HANDS-ON’ Architect, able to convert a concept/idea to implementation by architecting, designing, building, and implementing the software framework needed for the project requirement or application requirement that can be used as the base foundation for lead/senior/junior developers during the project
- Provides technical architecture, support, and strategic guidance to senior/lead developers, management and other functional areas to ensure new development is consistent with existing applications, assess information system needs and requirements, and recommend possible alternatives to meet information system needs. Facilitates capacity planning. Remains apprised of project status and communicates issues and resolutions on potential problems.
- Oversees and provides expert advice in the evaluation of software programming and modification ensuring adherence to required procedures, methodologies and/or application standards, including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and security related compliance. Monitors the maintenance of information systems to maintain optimum system capacity levels. Coordinates and monitors the troubleshooting of information systems. Establishes a communication plan to alert users of problems and resolutions.
- Solicits feedback from internal customers and IT teams to understand how well information systems are serving customers and recommends improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM fields
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 6+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 8+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data with full life cycle design and development
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or STEM field
- Certified in any of professional skills such as Cloud platform, K8S, TOGAF, etc.
- Skills / Knowledge – Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead)s.
- Having a High Result Orientation, Critical and Analytical thinking, Problem Solving, and Planning and Organizing competencies.
- Experience in driving change and innovation as well as communicating effectively to different type of audiences.
- Experience working with any of the following skill sets: Java, J2EE, SpringBoot, Spring Packages and Frameworks, Java Script, Front End Technology such as ReactJS, Caching System (Redis), Docker, K8S, iBATIS/MyBATIS, Oracle (PL/SQL), KAFKA, JMS, MQ, RESTFul API, WebServices API, Junit, Cucumber, JBehave, Boostrap, OAuth 2.0, Open API Specification, XML, Cloud (AWS).
- Well-versed in Object Oriented Programming and Methodology, MicroService Based Architecture, Design Pattern, and Architecture Best Practice and Standard such as TOGAF, 12 factor app
- Experience working in Agile and SCRUM based mode projects.
- Nice to have working experience: experience working in several modernization or migration projects, experience in executing load/performance testing.
- Nice to have skils: C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Ruby, VB Script, C++, ANSI C
What Are We Looking For in This Role? Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 8+ Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 8 or more years, and/or a high school diploma with 10 or more years professional experience in full life cycle design and development to include IT architecture, banking industry experience, and understanding client requirements