Project Engineer I – Subcontractor Mission Assurance Manager
Manage and execute Mission Assurance (MA) requirements at major subcontractors for compliance to program requirements and to establish standards and consistency for future execution. What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Prime responsibility is to support the planning and execution of Mission Assurance (MA) requirements resident at a major subcontractor to this company in the Dulles, Virginia (Washington D.C. area).
- Be responsible for reviewing mission assurance program requirements, decomposing, allocating and verifying subcontractor compliance to Mission Assurance Plans, Subcontractor Mission Assurance Specifications, Statements of Work, Quality Assurance Provisions, and Engineering Design and Test Specifications.
- Be responsible for understanding the execution of subcontractor processes, procedures, and practices for all mission and quality assurance requirements. Support project decisions and direction from project initiation through final delivery.
- Work with a team of assurance-related Subject Mater Experts (SMEs) to assess assurance related requirement acceptability such as reliability, EEE parts, hardware and software quality, etc.
- Work closely with subcontractor for acceptability of program requirements including compliance to AS9100, and NASA, Military and Industry workmanship standards.
- Assess the capability of subcontractor to meet design and execution of this company's specifications, standards and requirement set. Identify risk areas and facilitate discussions with program teams and Program Mission Assurance Managers. Develop and manage improvement plans to mitigate risks.
- Identify, define, and realize product yield road maps through activities addressing quality, reliability, producibility, testability, serviceability, and maintainability.
- Perform inspections, test surveillance activities, and audits as necessary to assure verification of mission and quality assurance program requirements including participation in design review activities as necessary.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to develop product risk management framework, including design and process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEAs), throughout the product lifecycle.
- Interface with Program Mission Assurance Managers to understand assurance requirements, developing and executing various plans of action as required to improve efficiency and to enable program execution.
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB) and Failure Review Board (FRB) activities to resolve program issues utilizing corrective and preventive action tools such as 5-whys, fishbones, cause and effect diagrams, etc.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- BS degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Experience in project management disciplines of tracking and managing cost, schedule, and critical program milestones.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between campuses and other possible locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.