What is Customer Success Engineering?
This newly built team will focus on ensuring our customers’ success in choosing and using Enterprise Architecture and Platform’s products and services.
Here are some information and initial items that fall into CSE's scope:
Scope and Responsibilities
- Global presence in all of Global Technologies development locations.
- Provide local mentorship, consulting, support, and embedding when vital to ensure customers succeed in choosing and using Enterprise Platform’s products.
- Develop reference solutions to “dog food” our products, which will serve as examples for our customers to use.
- Provide feedback for our platform teams.
- Be a direct feedback mechanism and voice of our customers in the field.
As a Principal Software Engineer for the Customer Success Engineering team, you will elevate the teams responsible for ensuring our customers’ success. You will elicit sophisticated technical requirements and use the Enterprise Architecture and Platform Portfolio to satisfy those requirements. This position will fill a technical leadership role for small teams (to start with) across the globe that will provide local, technical professional services for our customers.
The Enterprise Platform Portfolio has a wide range of capabilities from Data Streaming/Movement, Data Enrichment, Data Discovery, Data Analytics, AI/ML to Workflow, Business Rules and Digital Asset Management.
We are looking for strong engineers that have the breadth and depth of technical knowledge and abilities to service all of our customers in those domains.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical direction on software and integration projects.
- Offer hands-on mentorship to a team of software engineers.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and document team processes and best practices.
- Provide technical leadership for engineers to provide reference solutions using Enterprise Architecture and Platform’s products to satisfy customer requirements.
- Provide technical and user experience feedback, as the voice of our customers, for our platform development teams.
- Act as liaison to the organization’s technology leadership layer. Communicate customer requirements/constraints etc.
- Work with platform teams to ensure the appropriate components are in place across the Enterprise Platform ecosystem to satisfy our customer solution needs.
- Work with the broader organization to identify opportunities and risks in ongoing projects.
- Work with teams to push for automation of development and deployment tasks.
- Contribute to Enterprise Platform development and/or possible dependencies (open-source projects, e.g.) including, but not limited to: bug fixes, improvements or features.
Experience & Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of industry and software development experience.
- Experience building solutions in multiple programming languages such as: Java, Python, Golang, or Node.js
- Expertise with cloud architecture and technologies: Amazon Web Services (primarily), Google Cloud Platform or Azure.
- Expertise with cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, etc.
- Expertise with securing RESTful APIs and Apps using OAuth, OpenID Connect, and JWT a plus.
- Expertise with distributed code repositories, CICD Pipelines and Infrastructure as Code.
- Experience with data/event streaming technologies like Kafka and Nifi are a bonus.
- Proven understanding of Scrum and Agile principles is desired.
- Experience working with global teams, in particular with teams located in Beaverton (WHQ) Poland (PCC), India (ICC) and China (GC).
- Must possess Customer Service approach.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.