We are open to filling this opportunity at either our Madison, WI or Knoxville, TN office. Until our locations safely reopen, this position will work remotely at home.
If you enjoy challenging work and have a passion to grow and learn, then consider making a move to an organization that offers life/work balance, career growth, tuition reimbursement, certification support and more!
The Accounting Supervisor provides leadership and team supervision, validating work products are accurate and appropriate, including journal entries, financial analysis, external and regulatory reports, etc. This position develops standard processes and documentation, identifies and leads business process improvement opportunities, establishes metrics, researches and recommends appropriate accounting treatment for business activities and supports applicable memo documentation.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for supervising activities to ensure compliance with internal controls and all SOX requirements, including being a point of contact with both internal and external auditors. This position executes general accounting activities, including day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing financial statements and reports.
This position also focuses on hiring, performance management, employee development, and coaching. The supervisor may be assigned to manage of one or more Accounting functional areas: General/Revenue, Fixed Assets, and/or Cash Accounting. Come join and add value to our team!
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) or 4+ years professional work experience
- 5+ years experience in the application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- 2+ years experience directly supervising employees -OR- leading projects/teams
- CPA or eligibility to sit for the CPA within the first six months of employment.
- Experience with large process improvement and/or organizational efforts
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in translating strategy into action with solid planning, execution and change management
- Experience using MS Excel, MS Word, SAP, tax preparation and tax research software
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry a plus