This company is one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, this company is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Accounting Advisory Services Manager
This company understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/ owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the country’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their businesses. We also consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Support audit teams with understanding and evaluating accounting policies related to new, significant, or complex accounting-related matters.
- Team with partners and Directors on proposals and business development calls. Understand and manage firm risk on proposals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Actively participate in recruiting talent to the firm.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis. Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, mathematics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, accounting advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance center of excellence experience focusing on complex accounting transactions;
- Active CPA license required.
- Strong technical skills and deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries or marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel (up to 50%) to various client sites.
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
- Preferred Knowledge Areas
- Complex debt, equity and employee compensation topics
- IPO process or other capital transactions such as debt offerings or private placements Organizational restructuring including acquisitions, carve-outs or spin-offs and post deal accounting
- Accounting standards including ASC 326, ASC 606 and/or ASC 842
- GAAP conversions
- Financial Instruments