This company's Internal Audit (IA) is a global function responsible for successful and efficient execution of the company's Sarbanes – Oxley Compliance (SOX) Program, annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee and reviews requested by Executive Leadership / Senior Management.
Internal Audit has a global team of auditors who have diversified skills and experience in areas of risk management and internal audits, both process and technology related. IA demonstrates the collective expertise and capabilities within the function to perform audits and reviews of varying nature and complexity. IA’s success is measured in terms of quality, value-add and efficient delivery largely dependent upon the collective and individual contributions of the auditors. The staff auditor will:
- Work across SOX, audit and advisory engagements.
- Work on process and technology related areas.
- Assigned to engagements based on their availability, expertise and development needs versus geographical proximity criteria.
- Engage with different Functional Heads, Leaders and team members.
- Assigned to varied roles and responsibilities across engagements. These include leading engagements, managing resources & delivery and interacting with senior stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
The staff auditor supports the Engagement Manager in the planning, execution and reporting of engagements. The auditor’s responsibilities include:
Required Skills and Experience:Staff Auditor:
- Understanding engagement objectives and assisting the engagement manager in preparing the plan and testing procedures to meet the review objectives.
- Gaining detailed understanding of relevant business processes, systems and controls. Leading performance of risk assessments and controls evaluations. Identification of areas for leveraging data analytics.
- Performing engagements in accordance with the planned scope/ risk areas, aligned with budget expectations. Assists in tracking and reporting project status and milestones.
- Adhering to Corporate SOX / Audit Methodology and documentation requirements at all times.
- Develop relationships with different business process stakeholders. Supervising junior executives in the team, driving their accountability and timely execution of each engagement. Proactively guides and ensures knowledge sharing within team. Ensuring work papers documentation to ensure the retained documentation supports the audit work performed. Assisting in the assessment of identified gaps and areas for improvement, and evaluating their significance and potential business impact. Propose remediation steps that are practical and reasonable. Driving discussions/agreements on detailed audit findings with the audit team and management prior to final report issuance to ensure clear understanding and consideration about the noted issues and the related actions to be implemented.
- Assist in preparing audit reports/memos highlighting key risk exposures, noted issues, assist in overall conclusion and agreed upon corrective actions.
- Following up with process owners for timely implementation of MAPs and escalating if required. Building good working relations with key stakeholders.
- Ensuring timely and accurate time tracking.
- Continuously focus on self development by attending trainings, seminars and acquiring relevant certifications.
- Bachelor's degree or MBA, preferably in Accounting /Finance /Economics or Business Management.
- CPA/ MBA / ACCA / CA / CIA
- At least 2 years of experience, preferably a mix of time in a Big 4 public accounting firm (or reputable accounting firm) and a large international audit , advisory, and/or control function.
- Ability to work independently within a large multinational and geographically dispersed environment. Hands on experience with risk based auditing and Sarbanes Oxley testing.
- Ability to organize and effectively multi task.
- Team player, highly motivated, and ability to think outside the box and have a problem solving / critical thinking mindset.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Highest professional standards, integrity and ethical behavior.
- Experience with MS Office, PeopleSoft ERP Suite, Pentana, Power BI, IDEA, and other data analytical tools a plus.