This company is one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, this company is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Sourcing & Supply Chain Consulting Senior Manager
The Supply Chain practice is a rapidly growing practice group within the Operational & Organizational Transformation Practice that serves clients in multiple industry sectors, e.g. Consumer & Industrial Products, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Financial Services, etc. The six core solution offerings include Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation, Integrated Demand & Supply Planning, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain Operations, Supply Chain Analytics & Visibility, and Tax Effective Supply Chain Management.
As a Senior Manager within the Supply Chain Consulting Practice, you will play a vital role in fostering the growth of the overall practice. You will be integral in the sales process as we continue to build our pipeline and win new engagements in the marketplace. To promote our services, you will be responsible for building relationships with both internal stakeholders and external clients. Your business development expectations will be to win new business as well as follow-on work.
Additionally, you will lead the delivery of supply chain engagements and work with key client stakeholders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as we seek to help them implement supply chain solutions in support of their broader supply chain strategy and goal of creating value. Furthermore, responsibilities will include coaching junior team members as they work on engagements and progress within the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material.
- Grow client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work.
- Leverage subject matter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our core supply chain solution offerings to lead the sales and delivery of major supply chain transformation initiatives that will include process improvement, implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for our clients.
- Lead as a supply chain subject matter expert internally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership and creative approaches to solving client issues.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business advisor.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review, and client management.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Manage and minimize engagement delivery risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation to engagement teams.
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional services delivered.
- Interview campus and/or experienced hire candidates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related field. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 10 plus years of related work experience in the supply chain field.
- A minimum of 6 years in a comparable public accounting or consulting practice.
- Proven track record with meeting and/or exceeding business development targets required.
- Capable of independently generating demand
- Proven experience selling internally to build relationships within the firm that are then used to generate demand with existing clients
- Prior experience with selling to both external clients and internal stakeholders
- Possess existing external client relationships and history of strong sales
- Multiple instances of client project delivery experience in at least 3 of these areas:
- Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation
- Integrated Demand & Supply Planning
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Supply Chain Operations
- Supply Chain Analytics & Visibility
- Prior implementation experience with supply chain systems (Oracle Supply Chain Cloud, Oracle ASCP, Demantra, Anaplan, ToolsGroup, Llamasoft, Ariba, Coupa, Kinaxis)
- Prior experience with large scale supply chain transformation projects
- Supply chain certifications such as APICS CSCP preferred.
- Six Sigma certifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Proficient data analytics and modeling skills.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview, Alteryx, SQL or other similar data blending and visualization platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work additional hours on occasion in support of client sales or delivery efforts.
- Travel can range from 40% - 80% in any given week