About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with transparency. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide.
Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a wide range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including: data management, trade and custody operations, derivative operations, production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, Statutory, and US Tax), and comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement.
We are seeking an individual proficient in investment products and Investment Accounting Technical guidance to help drive and design the evolution of our Aladdin Accounting product. You will partner with specialists across a cross-functional team – including members of our business development, client relationship, production operations, product management, and engineering functions – to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems.
A successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in Investment Accounting (US GAAP, US Statutory, IFRS, etc.) and building or operating an accounting platform. This role will have helped facilitate the transformation of investment accounting processes and systems through:
- Engaging with clients/users within the accounting community to understand processes, needs, and requirements
- Investigating and interpreting accounting guidance, helping others turn theory into action
- Aiding in requirement gathering, specification creation, product design, and/or testing of specific features, processes, or improvements within an accounting system
- Solving for complex issues with unique, new, and creative solutions
This is a highly collaborative role, requiring partnership with global counterparts. Key Responsibilities
- Provide accounting expertise, including practical experience in and ability to research accounting requirements under US GAAP, Statutory, or IFRS (multiple bases preferred).
- Provide investment expertise on various conventional (i.e., bonds/fixed income, equities, bank loans, etc.) and non-conventional investment types (i.e., Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, Derivatives) building proficiency as client needs evolve.
- Work closely with Aladdin product managers and engineers to foster the value proposition of the Aladdin Accounting platform and successfully implement technology solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and document requirements for accounting and performance functional system solutions/improvements.
- Ensure strategic builds are coordinated efficiently among the collective internal users and ensure engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision remains a focus.
- Coordinate with clients and the broader 1Aladdin & this company's production teams to optimize processes, system usage, and optimize platform capabilities.
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients.
- 4-7+ years of work experience in the financial services industry
- Expertise with a variety of accounting standards (e.g. US GAAP, IFRS, Tax, and Statutory) as they pertain to investment accounting
- Accounting / operations management experience with an asset manager, insurance company, or solutions provider
- Knowledge of the following asset classes: Securities, Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, or Derivatives
- In depth understanding of investment accounting and performance reporting cycles, operational processes, and workflows
- Must be client driven, proficiency working within a team environment, and be passionate about providing a high quality of service to the client
- Post Graduate Experience, CFA, or CPA, a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with aptitude to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients and internal users
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize with a hands-on approach, ability to schedule and handle tasks effectively, conflict resolution, problem solving, risk management.
- Proven track record to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution
- Strong technical abilities with an ability to get in the weeds where vital