BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with varied correlations to the equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products.
This company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! An experienced accounting professional is needed for the day to day accounting administration of US Private Capital ("USPC") investment vehicles, including this company (“BCIC”, or the “BDC”), a publicly traded entity, as well as a private joint venture (the “JV”). Responsibilities include: maintenance and oversight of accurate books and records, heavy involvement in the preparation of financials and various SEC filings, and a variety of other financial reporting functions.
- Prepare financial reporting, including SEC filings and related disclosures, as well as management reporting.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly board materials, investor presentation data, and other quarter end reporting.
- Maintain the books and records in Advent Geneva (preparation and/or oversight) for month end and quarter end close
- Perform cash analyses and forecasting
- Assume responsibility of incentive fee calculation, tracking and projection. Gain a detailed understanding of its mechanics and how possible outcomes will impact the results
- Prepare periodic lender collateral reporting and compliance reports
- Adhere to SOX compliance and participate in ongoing internal control testing in order to ensure the best in class control environment
- Liaise with bank, custodian, stock transfer agent, and other outside vendors with respect to daily business activities
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of RIC compliance tests, borrowing base calculations, asset coverage tests, liquidity tests, etc.
- Working knowledge of tax matters related to the BDC, and ability to liaise with Product Tax group on such matters
We are looking for a candidate who will be detail oriented, highly analytical and proactive with respect to identifying and implementing processes to obtain increased accuracy, internal controls and greater efficiencies. Additionally, candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
- Approximately 2-4 years of related experience, preferably in a publicly traded entity environment or a “Big 4” public accounting firm.
- Strong accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation; CPA a strong plus
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls as they relate to the accounting operations of a publicly traded entity. Knowledge of SOX process a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced and team oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to assist in facilitating process integration and improvements;
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel
- Knowledge of the investment company industry a plus