Senior- Control Champion
This company's Global Controllership function is seeking a Senior to join the Control Champions team. The Control Champions team is responsible for various SOX/internal control activities and assists management in establishing and maintaining robust and effective internal controls for the Company. The Senior–Control Champion will support management in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the Company’s processes and controls. The Senior- Control Champion will be based in the Teaneck, New Jersey office and will report into the Associate Director-Control Champion.
*Candidates must be willing and able to commute to Teaneck, NJ , post COVID***
- Prepares the supporting schedules and materials for the various internal control activities managed by the Global Controllership team.
- Prepares and updates internal control and process documentation for the Company’s operational processes, financial processes and business processes of newly acquired entities.
- Assists in evaluating the impact to the processes and controls for any new processes or process changes.
- Assists in providing recommendations to improve the Company’s business processes and internal controls.
- Assists in the assessment of identified control gaps and evaluates the business impact of the control gaps.
- Collaborates with the business process owners to document standard operating procedures for the various accounting processes.
- Assists in preparing training materials that are used to provide periodic SOX training to senior management and the business process owners.
- Participates in other internal control initiatives, as required.
Experience / Education Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a mix of public accounting, internal audit or internal control functions.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- Currently or is actively pursuing the CPA certification.
- Experience with financial and IT general controls in a complex, public company environment.
- Understanding of accounting principles & practices in accordance with US GAAP
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to set priorities and drive results.
- Experience with global company operations is preferred.