About the Aladdin UX Design Team The Aladdin UX Design team researches, designs and engineers the user experience for the Aladdin investment and risk analytics platform which is used by institutional wealth managers and investment professionals worldwide.
We practice a human-centered design approach—designing software grounded in user need—to enable our users to tap into the power of this company’s Aladdin enterprise platform. We’re growing a team of skilled UX designers, visual designers, researchers, and front-end developers to help reinvent the platform through that lens.
We are looking for a UX designer who understands and is inspired by the complexities of designing software for the enterprise.
About You You seek insight into user needs to derive efficient, friendly interaction design. You understand the holistic journey a user takes in order to provide them with valuable tools for task completion. You are not afraid of complexity, depth, and balancing the demands of a wide, varied user base when crafting software.
You love owning big interaction problems and providing the thought leadership vital to drive them toward success by collaborating hand-in-glove with product owners and engineers.
As a Senior UX Designer, You Will:
- Design detailed wireframes, journeys, info architecture, and prototypes
- Ensure design is consistent with our UX guidelines and approved interaction patterns
- Lead the design of user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including heuristic evaluations, observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Augment our research professionals when necessary by facilitating user interviews and testing
- Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, researchers, product managers, and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Be a positive, friendly representative and evangelist for user-centered design
RequirementsExperience & Education
- 7-10 + years application design experience in either product or agency environments.
- BFA degree in HCI or a related field
- Portfolio samples that show deep UX thinking and sophisticated problem solving
- Candidates who proceed to in-person interviews will be required to perform a small UX design exercise, which they will then present to the team.
Expert-level Skills in:
- Developing UX artifacts such as wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user journeys
- Sketch and/or Axure
- Detailing the work (i.e. functional specs, annotations, user stories, etc.)
- Communication and storytelling through presentation
- Ability to collaborate with development teams to ensure design implementation meets high quality standards
Strong Skills in:
- Leading a user-centered discovery phase for projects, such as running workshops and facilitating discussions with partners
- Working within lean/agile product development models
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
Design Experience with the Following Is a Plus, but Not Required:
- B2B offerings
- Enterprise desktop software
- Enterprise financial software