Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Manager for our Surgical Services Dept. (1.0 FTE, Day Shift ) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Manager is accountable for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The Manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center mission, vision, and value.
In this position you will:
Qualifications: Required qualifications for this position include:
- Accountable for ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours a day.
- Accountable for assigned clinical operations, patient care activities, coordinating patient care delivery on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team. Ensure that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards.
- Establishes and enforces standards of patient care and nursing practice pertain to areas of responsibility. Is accountable for developing, implementing, and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs. Responsible for developing and implementing unit-based goals for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Assures compliance with department standards by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of patient care by reinforcing positive outcome and demonstrating corrective action for identified problems.\
- Accountable for appropriate patient care based on assessments of appropriate patient assignments, evaluation of patient care and patient / family satisfaction by conducting rounds and intervening accordingly.
- Pursues education and experience to enhance clinical and managerial role.
- Assumes the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practice.
- Bachelor's Degree BSN from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Must have recent first-line management experience.
- Three (3) years Clinical experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree in Nursing or related field