This role serves as the primary interface between business process owners/stakeholders and Agile scrum development teams. This role is actively engaged in creating the concept and roadmap for the supported product. Serves as a voice of customers on new and/or existing products. Ensures Development team understands the product features. Develops and implements action plans for building and sustaining demand for a product. The successful candidate is customer-centric, and experienced at managing and communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
- Partners with Product Managers. Development team and stakeholders to gather product requirements into a captivating product vision and a quantified, flexible and executable roadmap. Represents scrum teams in front of executive sponsors, business process owners and stakeholders.
- Develops and implements action plans for building and sustaining demand for a product. Ensures implemented product features add value to end users and increase company returns.
- Serves as a voice of the program on the expectations of customers on new or already existing products. Determines what features will be in the product release. Facilitates team engagement during sprints.
- Communicates the concept of the product roadmap to a variety of audiences, including, highlighting the product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team. Continuously advances and adjusts the roadmap to changing priorities.
- Manages and develops well-groomed product backlog, based on a balance of business priorities, technical dependencies/restrictions, and product concept represented in the roadmap
- Writes vibrant user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure the team has a thorough understanding of the product.
- Measures product performance as well as value delivered in order to make adjustments where necessary. Continually assesses product value stream to identify areas that require improvements. Analyzes customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product.
- Conducts backlog grooming meetings.
- Attends sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team.
- Monitors the progress of product development, as well as plan for product release. Contacts customers and end users to obtain information on expected product features.
- Provides reports to update management and stakeholders on product development operations.
- Stays abreast of Agile scrum best practices and seeks to implement them within the team. May participate in agile conferences and studies relevant scrum material to update job knowledge/skill