The Plant Manager is the senior leader on site and is responsible for everything that goes on inside the four walls of the plant and is the driver of the production process. We look to the Plant Manager to build a collaborative environment between operations and the rest of the organization. This dynamic leader will have a relentless focus on creating a safe environment (food safety and work environment), production efficiency, product cost, continuous improvement, ensuring a focus on talent retention, development, and driving business results the right way. This a busy and detail-oriented role, which requires both strong technical, leadership and enhanced communication skills. The ideal candidate is able to balance competing priorities, problem-solve, and work with a diverse body of stakeholders across a company. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will direct and coordinate production operations, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, quality, environmental health & safety, and continuous improvement at a facility employing about 770 associates. Your mission will be to ensure the production and delivery of quality products on time and in the safest, most efficient and cost-effective manner. We see this medium-sized facility as a training ground where you can showcase your potential to move up to a larger facility or pursue other career paths within the organization. Specific focus areas include:
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PLANT MANAGER
- Manage daily operations in our plant facility to achieve annual business plans
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility
- Control costs to achieve annual budget goals
- In partnership with Human Resources, develop strategy, programs and tools to drive a high performing, effective organizational culture. As the key driver of the plant’s culture and retention efforts, this role will be responsible to implement programs that achieve these outcomes in a way that creates inclusion and embraces Tyson’s 5C’s.
- Test and monitor plant processes
- Analyze and issue production and performance reports
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- BS in engineering or technical field strongly preferred
- 8+ years proven leadership in manufacturing operations. Applicable Experience in Food Processing Industry Preferred.
- Experience within high volume, high mix manufacturing operations
- Proven Lean Manufacturing skills (Daily Management, Kaizen, Gemba, 5s, etc.)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants
- Strategic, analytical and conceptual problem solver, with the ability to look into the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers; detect patterns and trends across disparate sources of data; creatively analyze unfamiliar problems; and synthesize the "so what's" out of analytics and KPI’s. Superior strategic thinking and decision making skills. Strong financial acumen, coupled with broad business/operations experience.
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Experience in materials management, manufacturing engineering, warehousing, distribution, purchasing and planning.
- Proficient with MS Office
- Leadership that yields inclusion and engagement of all team members in the plant to achieve targets and improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Working Climate
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective internal customer/business partner relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Must possess self-awareness and a proven track record of success.
- Sense of urgency and ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Annual bonus
- 20 days paid vacation + 8 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- 401k program
- Tuition reimbursement