The Data Scientist provides support in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. These positions function both as a consultant and as a high-level data analyst. The position works with clients to develop the right set of questions/hypotheses, using the appropriate tools/skills to derive the best information to address customer needs.
• Provides consultation to clients, including organizational leadership and guides work towards actionable outcomes.
• Regularly measures the impact of business decisions on clients and customers.
• Evaluates effectiveness of actions/programs implemented&makes recommendations.
• Works with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis.
• Provides support to peers and mentoring to junior staff including: technical&programming assistance, project management and scoping, documentation review and support.
• Directs and executes creative analytic approaches that lead to actionable outcomes which further promote organizational goals.
• Proactively recognizes potential issues, develops plans to address and understands how to communicate these steps to department leadership and clients.
• Analyzes and develops complex logical db designs, data models, and relational data def in support of corporate and client area info systems requirements.
• Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable measurement and evaluation.
• Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using databases.
• Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum five (5) years of work experience.
• Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
• Full knowledge of industry practices.
• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Bachelor's degree AND five (5) years of work experience OR a master's degree AND three (3) years of work experience preferred.
• Knowledge of health care industry preferred.
• Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente health care system preferred.
ealth care system preferred.