The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and lead a team of Client Service Representatives on the Call Center team. The Team Leader supports the Manger in ensuring operational efficiency with respect to phone calls and workflow distribution; ensuring the effective use of staff resources on the team. The Team Leader organizes the work of the team, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. The Team Leader also conducts performance management and career development processes; including staffing and disciplinary actions. The key responsibilities of the role include
- Very strong knowledge of the core aspects and business functions of a Transfer Agency.
- Very strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to investor and account servicing, including on-line tools.
- Provide clear and concise direction, support and guidance to the team through effective coaching and leadership; and maintain an environment that encourages employee engagement, teamwork and communication.
- Lead and motivate the team to optimum performance to achieve agreed upon service levels.
- Conduct development reviews and recommend training and development plans.
- Make employment decisions including hiring and terminations, as well as proposing salary increases and bonus payouts.
- Schedule and organize shift patterns to ensure service levels are met to the highest standard.
- Recommend and implement changes to increase the accuracy, efficiency and responsiveness of the client service representatives.
- Take escalated calls from investors and partners.
- Perform phone audits to ensure phone recordings are in line with departmental standards.
- Edit and proofread correspondence for investors and partners, with focus on content, clarity, and grammar.
- Assist in the documentation of departmental workflows and procedures, as well as team and departmental training.
- Build effective relationships with other teams and departments.
- Identify service efficiency and delivery enhancements, as well as process improvements, and periodically participating in team and business unit initiatives related to process, technology and system enhancements.
- Maintain updated knowledge of this companyn and Third Party fund products and services, regulatory, and compliance requirements
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required.
- Series 6/7 and 63 is preferred, but not required.
- 5 years of management experience
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Very strong securities industry knowledge is required
- Very strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to manage conflicting priorities and multitask functions in a fast-paced environment
- Call Center experience is preferred, but not required