As a part of the Global Funds Services team, the Fund Governance Solutions team supports this company’s Fund Administration clients in meeting Regulatory, Compliance, and Distribution related needs for their US-domiciled fund vehicles.
The Consultant role will focus on Fund of Funds Administration & Oversight support for Collective Investment Trusts and Mutual Funds.
The candidate will be expected to develop and demonstrate knowledge of how collective investment trusts and mutual funds are sold and distributed in the marketplace, as well as the operational interactions between a financial services intermediary or retirement recordkeeper working on behalf of the investor and a fund transfer agent.
The candidate will be expected to develop and demonstrate basic understanding of the operating environment surrounding retirement plan servicing and fund servicing, and to understand the roles and responsibilities of various participants in the trading and settlements process for investor transactions, and for associated fund-of-funds transactions in certain nested fund structures.
The candidate will be expected to learn data and file flows and industry tools, and to develop and/or maintain a working knowledge of industry practices such National Securities Clearing Corp (NSCC) processing. The ideal candidate should have some familiarity with cash allocations for fund of funds and/or multi-manager fund structures. The candidate will work with intermediary agreements, and with investor account opening processes.
The candidate will work with Clients, Service Providers, and internal company's partner teams on fund and/or implementations, day to day deliverables, and on project work as necessary.
Experience in the financial services industry is a plus, with preference to candidates with directly related experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Organizational skills are required to participate in and help manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. Flexibility, willingness to learn, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are critical. Major Duties:
- Participate with clients and partners to establish and maintain operational structure related to Fund of Funds and/or Multi-Manager funds
- Establish new and wind down terminated accounts on behalf of the Funds
- Update and maintain asset allocation instructions in the relevant systems
- Assist in the execution of structural changes, including maintaining action plans related to client changes
- Coordinate and initiate rebalancing trading activities within established fund structures.
- Participate with clients and partners to establish and maintain relevant Intermediary agreements
- Provide client servicing and support for reporting and inquiries
- Review daily activity and work with partner areas to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Research and resolve complex exceptions
- Maintain appropriate documentation on processes and controls
- Understand and Maintain knowledge of relevant industry practices, regulations, and company processes
- Partner with other functional teams to ensure high quality delivery of services to the client and the client’s investors.
- Demonstrate learned technical and subject matter expertise related to Collective Investment Trusts and the administration and oversight of Fund of Fund arrangements.
- 2-3+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience with collective funds and/or mutual funds operations preferred