The Partnership Services manager is responsible for overseeing investor servicing functions for the Transfer Agency clients in the Private Funds space. The Partnership Services team is responsible for processing investor new account openings, subscriptions, redemptions, maintenance activity, investor confirmations, and capital activity reporting to clients.
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate the ability to lead a fast-paced investor servicing team across a diverse client base that requires high touch servicing to support a mix of standardized and customized processes. Strong operational management expertise, technical product knowledge and client servicing skills are also required.
The candidate will conduct performance management and career development processes, and handle staffing and disciplinary actions. The candidate will handle staffing decisions, and ensure resources are available to accomplish priorities. Key decision-maker for the salary review process.
Manages and directs individuals within the groups, through relevant direct reports. Participates in developing and providing input and support to the strategic plan and budget management process. Provides additional leadership support within large specialized groups. Major Duties
- Responsible for providing stellar service and delivery to assigned clients and their investor base.
- Liaise with partnership accounting, relationship teams, new business team, business process analysts, and other internal groups to address clients’ servicing and operational needs.
- Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues.
- Provides daily oversight of the team’s performance via business metrics and active engagement. Regularly evaluates staff capacity and productivity measures to ensure workload balance and efficiency.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement. Analyze current processes and make technological or operational enhancements to improve efficiency within the group.
- Actively communicate and meet with clients to discuss servicing related issues or product offerings; participate in functional service meetings or client visits.
- Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Addresses training and development across the team. Works with Training and business SMEs to build team’s knowledge, skills and understanding of the client base and business.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff.
- Makes staffing decisions, manages expenses and salary review process for the team.
- Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting, retaining, motivating and cultivating teams to achieve peak performance and productivity. Highly skilled at identifying talent, fostering collaboration and supporting promotion.
- Provides input and support to budget management process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise
- In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Client servicing mindset and ability to instill a client centric culture across the operations; adept at strengthening relationships with key clients
- Self-starter with the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
- Leadership and organizational skills are required to drive business unit goals, and to assess and develop the skills of staff.
- 8-10 years relevant operational management experience required
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.