PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support the IoT engineering team, in collaboration with IT, choose, deploy, and manage the necessary software development tools
- Define and build the different development, testing, and production environments
- Build a reliable CI/CD pipeline
- Build the necessary monitors, alerts, and self-healing capabilities for our solutions
- Play a key role in advising on Architecture and available managed services along with the trade-offs between services and components
- Write code/scripts to automate certain engineering processes, mostly related to deployment
- Participate in process improvement and setting engineering best practices with the team
- Participate in on-call, remote or on-site support and maintenance activities as needed
- May occasionally need to manage temporary contractors or 3rd party services related to Cloud Ops
- Assists with special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field experience desired.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS offerings. Certification preferred.
- Experience with Networking technologies
- Some programming experience using a high-level language (C#, Java, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience using a scripting language (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Proven experience troubleshooting and resolving live issues in highly available environments
- 3+ years of experience with highly available cloud storage (Azure Tables/Blobs/Queues, SQL Azure, HD Insight, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- This position has no direct reports
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.*WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.