Under general supervision of a more experienced auditor, assists with Financial, Operational, IT audits or investigations. Reviews and tests the design and effectiveness of internal controls for a specific portion of the audit. Identifies the need for recommendations and improvements in internal control.Job Responsibilities
- Assists with a variety of audits in accordance with audit programs through the application of established policies and procedures.
- Attends kickoff and closing meetings. May assist in preparing the agenda for these meetings.
- Utilizes audit techniques to document and determine the effectiveness of internal controls (i.e. interviews, observation, flow charting, compliance and substantive testing). Able to independently identify risks in a given process.
- May participate in investigations being performed by the Internal Audit function.
- Based on changes or new information arising in the audit process, adjusts to changes made to audit programs to address these changes.
- Identifies audit concerns, and effectively communications, as identified, to audit team.
- Prepares draft audit findings including recommendations resulting from audit for formal report to immediate supervisor. Assists in preparing reports for reviews.
- Adheres to detailed project timelines.