This company creates custom, powerful tools for our clients and employees, and Software Engineers are a critical part of bringing those experiences to life. Be a part of our dynamic and award-winning Digital Banking team and help us take our experience to the next level.
Our team builds this company’s Online Banking apps and a number of other tools that bring the concept of Financial Wellness and Money Management to more than 3 million people across the country and from all walks of life. On our team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Own, oversee, and drive the strategy of the development, implementation, assessment, and support of one or more environments, applications, or platforms.
- Independently develops and sets best practices for developing clean, maintainable, testable code for work assigned; performs code reviews for all levels of engineer.
- Drives and architects the overall health, performance, availability, and resolution of system and client experience impacts for one or more environments, applications, or platforms.
- Serves as the deep technical expert on the team; owns training program for junior engineers and mentors as the go to resource on the team.
- Evaluates and makes decisions on new technologies and how they fit into the product solutions.
- Applies, and proactively prepares to ensure, proper security standards for code development.
- Displays outward thinking, develops strategies for the full software development life-cycle of new and emerging technologies and demonstrates the viability; owns recommended technologies, maintain budget constraints, and ensure communication and awareness of implemented technology
- Creates, reviews, and approves technical documentation, specifications, and project artifacts with Sr Engineers
- Recommends standards and best practices across the entire bank for technology
- Define high-level application platform architectural guidelines and articulate reasoning and trade-offs for choices to business owners
- Deep understanding of the business; drives, formulates and designs complex solutions to anticipate and meet business needs
Our team works well together, and while we’re looking for strong, talented Software Engineers, we are really looking for friendly, hard-working, fun-loving people who enjoy interacting and leading others. If this is you, we’d love to have you on our team! What we’re passionate about:
Required Experience / Skills
- Designing and developing software using modern industry standards and frameworks
- Delivering software in small batches; creating early wins for our clients and business, then iterating
- Building relevant, resilient and secure experiences for our clients and employees
- Furthering the skills of ourselves and those on our teams
- Evangelizing our technology to other teams in the bank and the industry
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent.
- Passion for delivering quality software, and experience leading and mentoring senior developers in ensuring design and coding best practices and standards are followed.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years experience in Java development
- Experience building web apps using client-side UI frameworks like Angular or React
- Experience with automated builds & processes, Fastlane, shell scripts, xcconfig.
- Experience in Linux/Unix/Mac OS X based environments, comfortable working with command line tools & scripting.
- Experience with the following tools & technologies: Docker, Jenkins, Selenium, GIT, Swagger, SonarQube.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, CI/CD, testing automation and TDD.
- Experience working on teams that have employed agile and lean methodologies.
- Experience with Bootstrap or similar frameworks.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Experience working with mainframe & banking software systems desired but not required.
- Experience working with an application container platform using docker.
- Experience with GIT and GIT Workflows (gitflow, pull requests, etc.)