STORE MANAGER – St Ignace Downtown EZ Mart
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and looking for an opportunity to utilize it while living in a beautiful northern Michigan community on the shores of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron? This company is seeking a customer driven, community minded individual to manage our St Ignace Downtown EZ Mart Store. As the Store Manager, you would ensure the profitability of the St Ignace Downtown EZ Mart by providing effective leadership and supervision to store staff, managing costs, and maintaining company standards and state and federal laws for sales of controlled products. Major Duties / Responsibilities Human Resources Management:
Hires, trains and evaluates performance of all Store staff. Prepares and maintains master schedules for store operations. Monitors labor costs and modifies schedules to ensure coverage for peak periods while controlling costs. Completes assigned training within specified training periods, and monitors staff training for compliance and necessary re-certifications. Financial Management:
Monitors sales, pricing and inventory levels in all categories of store business. Maintains pricing and inventory policies to ensure store profitability. Orders inventory as needed and monitors vendor performance. Prepares bank deposits, reconciles daily receipts with PDI resolving any variances. Delivers deposits to the appropriate bank. Compliance:
Monitors compliance with operational, cash handling, safety and food safety policies as well as state and federal regulations on sale of alcohol and tobacco products. Provides corrective feedback and maintains performance records as necessary. Store Management:
Prepares and/or reviews standard and ad hoc operational reports on store business. Identifies areas for improvement and implements changes to ensure compliance with company standards. Reviews performance of own store against audit standards specified by Area Manager. Understands gross profit as it relates to store merchandise at both department and category levels. Implements approved promotions and ensures stock is available. Responds to unusual or emergency situations outside of normal business hours as necessary. Business Development:
Ensures customer needs are being met by developing innovative services with a constant focus on exceeding our customer’s expectations. Responsible for developing and building the wholesale bakery, deli and party catering segment of the business. Is adaptive to changes in operational plans throughout the year to ensure growth of the store’s business. Food Operations:
Manages purchasing and inventory of fresh food products such as deli products, fresh cut meats, fruits and vegetables.
Ensures proper storage and handling. Monitors inventory turns and minimizes shrink and waste. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED is required. Progress toward or completion of a bachelor degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of grocery operation experience, including leadership and supervisory responsibilities, is required.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Computer literacy is required. The ability to master company software for operations, financial data, Human Resource applications as well as the Microsoft Office suite within a reasonable training period is necessary.
- The ability to create and sustain an environment for effective teamwork is required.
- Good math skills are necessary in order to prepare and interpret operating reports.
- Good supervisory skills and the ability to direct staff and provide corrective feedback are required.
- Good planning skills are necessary in order to schedule staff, maintain inventory and respond to changes in the flow of customer activity.
- Well-developed customer service orientation is necessary.
- Must be available on-call to handle emergency situations.
- Must be able to complete company required training within specified training periods.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds throughout the assigned shift in order to move, stack, store and handle inventory. Must be able to stand, stoop and bend for extended periods throughout the assigned shift. Must be able to work inside coolers to maintain inventory. Must be able to ascend and descend a five-foot step ladder safely.