*Position can be filled anywhere - not required to be in Cleveland, OH.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Compliance Officer will be a member of the Fair and Responsible Banking (FARB) Analytics team within Compliance Risk Management. In this role, the Compliance Officer - FARB Analytics will provide support to the FARB Compliance Management System, assisting the Analytics Director with FARB analytics program development, enhancement and execution.
The Compliance Officer is primarily responsible for developing and executing quantitative/statistical analysis and models across multiple lines of business. The Compliance Officer will perform oversight activities and assume responsibility for the use of quantitative/statistical analysis to identify and mitigate actions that may expose this company and its affiliates to risk outside its desired risk appetite.
Candidate will work with the Examinations team to assess the results of any loan level examination resulting from statistical analysis and establish effective business relationships, displaying an ability to explain complex statistical concepts and promote a good rapport with 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line of Defense Stakeholders throughout the organization. Candidate must exhibit initiative and be able to identify needed enhancements to current process flows and help to implement change. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Extract data from various sources and develop quantitative/statistical analysis and models in SAS or similar statistical software using industry standards and FARB methodologies.
- Perform research and development related to FARB risk monitoring and model review.
- Prepare reporting of analysis and results and present the information in non-technical terms.
- Prepare model documentation and work with model risk management to ensure soundness of the FARB models.
- Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
- Effectively collaborate with applicable stakeholders to identify suitable internal controls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations;
- Timely escalate issues and exceptions to management in accordance with procedures and/or based on sound judgment.
- Follow through with LOB management and/or appropriate compliance risk personnel to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken to sufficiently address findings/issues to prevent ongoing systemic issues.
- Participate in or lead various projects related to mitigating risk to Key.
- Master’s degree (or its equivalent) in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, engineering).
- 2+ years of applied statistical and analytics experience in financial services (preferably in fair and responsible bank roles) or similar work related to graduate school experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical programming (e.g. SAS (preferred), R, Python).
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating linear/logistic models.
- Excellent communication skill and the ability to communicate complex statistical methodologies in a non-technical way.
- Experience working for a bank, consumer financial product company such as a non-depository mortgage lender, banking regulator or other related government regulatory or enforcement agency a plus.
- Experience with machine learning/artificial intelligence models a plus.
- Experience with Tableau a plus.
- Candidate must possess the wherewithal and flexibility to undertake new functions/tasks as the Compliance Risk and line of business evolves and grows.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.