Dynamic marketing research, strategy, and communications professional with diverse industry experience, including agency consulting. Strength in translating consumer insights and market trends into innovative, profitable approaches to drive company and program performance. Effective leader, accomplished in developing strategies, aligning teams, and deploying tactical elements to achieve desired results. Highly professional demeanor, comfortable working with and presenting to C-suite executives, customers, media, and colleagues. Experienced remote/virtual worker.
Areas of expertise include:
Integrated Marketing Communications | Market and Competitive Analysis | RIVA Focus Group Moderator | Marketing Campaign Strategy | Campaign Management | Segmentation | Event Planning | Blogging | Writing & Editing | Vendor Management | Public Relations | Proposals | Quantitative & Qualitative Research | In-Depth Interviews | Social Media | Strategic Planning | Data Analysis | Press Releases | Media Alerts | Presentations | Media Relations | Copywriting | Storytelling | Brand Awareness | Continuous Improvement
Sep 2019 - Mar 2020
ACIDOM MEDICAL SERVICES
Maintained behavioral health center administrative and organizational processes. Managed 100+ active client database accuracy to comply with state and insurance regulations. Liaised between health center and insurance companies to receive service approvals.
- Redesigned intake process to decrease redundancy and increase filing system effectiveness by 30%.
- Improved scheduling process for 50% increase in usability and accuracy of records.
- Created new schedule system for psychiatrist and social worker to improve client appointment flow.
CONSULTANT AND CAREER SABBATICAL
Jan 2018 - Jan 2019
Provided expertise to consulting clients in retail and health care. Part-time projects provided flexibility needed to attend to temporary health issues.
Jul 2015 - Dec 2017
THE SOUTHERN ACCESS PROJECT
Supported implementation of multi-year program to improve sexual and reproductive health outcomes in underserved local communities. Managed projects and subject matter experts’ workflow to track progress, maintain plan accuracy, and meet timelines and deliverables. Reviewed 40 projects each week to provide information essential to leadership team for strategic planning and decisions.
- Led event planning/implementation (such as a live storytelling event for 100+ attendees) and material development to communicate project impact and return on investment.
- Managed and streamlined blogging process to provide guidance to team to create timely, meaningful, and informative blogs. Wrote original blog material. Edited, and revised blog posts by team members.
- Led initial compilation and writing/editing of a book that reviewed scope and outcomes of the project to distribute to donors and senior leadership.
INSIGHTS & RESEARCH STRATEGIST
Mar 2014 - May 2015
360 LIVE MEDIA
Designed research methods and guidelines for marketing and experience design agency with 20+ clients and $3M annual revenue. Executed research, directed data partners, analyzed data to segment audience for marketing and event design strategies.
- Managed research client accounts in health care, retail, and robotics. Led five research studies for national/international trade associations such as the American Osteopathic Association, National Retail Federation, and Association for Unmanned Systems International.
- Surveyed 3,000+ online participates and 40 interview participants to analyze and present quantitative/qualitative insights to client executive leadership teams.
- Improved messaging architecture to exceed previous online survey response rate. Achieved 1,000+ responses for top client.
- Produced research-based insights and worked with marketing team to develop actionable strategies to meet clients’ goals. Developed segmentation profiles, marketing maps, and messaging. Created targeted experiences for association conference.
Apr 2007 - Mar 2014
Managed client relationships and projects for marketing research and brand consulting firm with 20+ active clients. Implemented research, oversaw participant recruiting, managed vendor negotiations, developed written materials and testing mockups, converted complex data into concise summaries, conducted focus groups and interviews, analyzed findings, and generated reports for marketing strategy and communications.
- Task Order Leader/Research Analyst, Consumer Research & Communications | Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Conducted 100+ focus groups/in-depth interview sessions to improve communications strategies and outreach initiatives. Recruited 500+ respondents within budget and on time. Negotiated budgets for client cost savings that ranged from $300 to $2,000 per project.
- Project Manager, Audience Research and Evaluation | Shedd Aquarium: Led focus groups (16 adults + 16 families) and collected 750+ surveys to measure appeal and impact of new aquatic show. Analyzed findings to impact revisions to align with brand and audience expectations.
- Project Manager, System Identity Research | Carolinas Healthcare System: Conducted consumer focus groups to evaluate brand equity of two large, merging hospital identities. Recruited 30 focus group respondents and developed recruiting specifications for 400+ online survey respondents. Recommended transition communication strategy.
- Project Manager, Formative Research on 25-29 Year- Olds | U.S. Army Accession Command: Gathered insight about lifestyles, behaviors, and attitudes about the armed forces to impact U.S. Army recruiting strategy for age group. Conducted literature review for project goal setting, moderated six gender/ethnic-specific focus groups, and developed online survey with 100+ measures to quantify focus group findings.
- Project Manager, Formative Positioning Research | Orthopaedics Manufacturer: Designed research to test consumers’, surgeons’, and hospital administrators’ reactions to new products and orthopaedic manufacturers. Recruited 100+ focus group/in-depth interview respondents and 200+ online survey respondents. Developed research materials and analyzed findings to guide brand positioning for target audiences.
- Project Manager, Fitness Concept Testing | Confidential Client: Designed test for interactive fitness concept for millennial consumer group on limited budget. Conducted five focus groups and analyzed findings to provide insight regarding new business structure.
PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSISTANT
LOGAN MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Helped develop PR strategies for corporate/retail clients. Wrote/pitched press materials to media. Coordinated local media press tour to present planned $25M art studio complex. Analyzed and reported media coverage for clients.
Master of Science (MS), Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Journalism – Specialty in Public Relations
Northwestern State University